July 7, 2008
VACATION!!!!! (part 1)
Wow tottaly fun so far. Yesterday we drove from our house to Ashland. It was a 6 hour drive and was hard on my legs (i had a bunch of crap in the front seat giving me almost no leg room). Luckily I moved the stuff half way through. I saw lots of the earths zits along the way. =D Once we got there we checked into our hotel which was pretty good. The people there were really helpful and nice. Then we went to downtown ashland and picked up our tickets. The people there were also very nice. We went in search of a good restraunt to eat and about 20 minutes later and lots of walking mom finally asked someone where a good place to eat is and about 10 minutes after that we made it to the place and it turns out that it has the best fries that I have ever had, and I have lots of fries since I grew up on the beach most of my life. The fish was also good and that is now the place that we are going to go for lunch and din din if we are in ashland. Oh I almost forgot its called the Standing Stone Brewery. At about 7:40PM we went over to the the courtyard outside of the building where our place was. There was this cool band playing there as a pre show performance thing. It was really fun. The play we saw was A Comedy of Errors. It was super funny the only annoying thing was that we were sitting off to the side and they staged it very forward. Sometimes there were people blocking our view of the people in the front of the stage. But other than that it was good. The last hour was the best part. This morning I had lemon ricotta filled french toast with rasberry syrup. *sigh* So good. We then left for a 5 hour drive this morning and crossed the California border. Oregon is so much better than California. California is just so much different. Its way more trendy and fastpaced. My mom was driving 70mph and people were passing her like she was going 50. I like Oregon so much. Also the smoke from all the fires is crazy. Its hard to breath and you cant see very far. On the bright side we are staying in a nice hotel with lots of space and an indoor pool so that helps. Ill keep you guys posted on anything I forgot or that happens later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Cool. Sounds like you had a good time..... the Standing Stone Brewery eh? I'll have to remember that if I'm ever down that-a way. Speaking of California, I totally agree. Great place to visit, but I'd hate to live there. lol one of my friends just got back from somewhere in California and gave me this key chain that had a big "California" written on it (like I'm this crazy California driver or something) *grr* XD
Wow, that sounds really cool! I sure could use some of that french toast... haha. I'll talk to you on rs tomorrow given I'm still alive. ^_^ Cya
That last post was Marie. I guess she forgot she was on my account... Anyways, I'm glad you're having fun! =D
Ooh, ooh I ate at the Standing Stone Brewery on my trip! That was good. =P Isn't the Comedy of Errors set cool?
im on rs
So, Ryan, how went the rest of your trip?
Im gonna finish the rest of my part 2 post tonight I just haven't gotten around to it.
I'll be anxiously waiting to read it. =D
Post a Comment