June 29, 2008
Movies!
I saw 4 movies this weekend. Camp Rock, The Spiderwick Chronicles, Get Smart, and Batman Begins. Camp Rock pretty much sucked. It was actually kind of ok, but i hate it when they mix the actors voices BEYOND belief. They all start to sound the same when they do that. On a positive note it was better than High School Musical (which to be quite honest is not saying much). The Spiderwick Chronicles I had never read the books so i had nothing to compare it too, and it was surprisingly good. Way better than I expected. It was more intense than I thought it would be, keeping me on my toes through the entire movie, had a TON more story line than was expected, and had enough classical fantasy stuff in it to keep me entertained. If any of you havent guessed this about me already im a big fantasy/sci fi geek. If you ever have been in my room (which as far I know most of you havent O_o) you could figure this out by the books that line my shelves and the various decorations and games and such that reside there. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The next is Get Smart which I saw today when I went to the movies with Jevon and Corbin. Very funny movie lots of story plot, action, and of course comedy. But what I thought was cool about this movie was that it had comedic action scenes. There is this one part where they have this big fight scene on top of a moving train going about 80 miles an hour and it is just...really funny. The improbability of a lot of it was also hilarious. I mean who puts security cameras in an air duct? I would highly recommend this movie. Last but most certainly not least, Batman Begins. This was my favorite movie out of the 4 that i watched this weekend. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I dont know how to describe its awesomeness. Lets just say I cant wait till the sequel come out next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I've seen 2 of those 4, and would have to agree on both. Spiderwick was better than I expected (haven't read the books either), and Batman begins is definitely on my all time top 5 list, although I can't think of any others that would be on that list off the top. ^_^ I am totally siked to see "The Dark Knight" when it comes out July 18th! Hey, maybe we should all plan to go see it!
..... unless ....... did you say something about it being too scary Shellie? I can't remember now.
It does look scary but that would be cool if we all saw it together.
I'm honestly not a super hero movie fan, although I do suppose Batman isn't really a super hero.
Most of the Superhero movies arent that good but this one is AWESOME.
I personally enoyed Camp Rock. It was more of a girl movie though, so I can understand you disliking it. Spiderwick was okay. It kinda bored me though. Wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. I remember liking Batman Begins. Pretty cool stuff. ;/ I don't ever want to see the sequel though. I can't look at the new Joker. He's way too scary, and I'm prone to nightmares. =(
The movies I recently saw were Camp Rock, Raise your Voice, Stick It, and Shallow Hal. All, in my opinion, pretty cool movies. =)
Yeah, I'm generally not a huge superhero movie fan either, but Batman (and Iron Man) were awesome! Do you really think the joker is that scary though Shellie? I mean, you've watched like all the M. Night Shyamalan movies right? lol if I hadn't watched the Sixth Sense with you guys I probably never would have. Boy, if you really want to have nightmares though (..... not than anyone does), just play Resident Evil 4 before bed. *shudders*
M. Night Shayamalan's movies aren't scary. Maybe a little creepy, but not scary. And the Joker is super scary. The old one was much better. Isaac, PLEASE tell me you've never played any of the Resident Evil games; they're so bad... =(
I could see how the Joker could be scary. For me it would be because it was that character that in essence killed Heath Ledger.
I still cant believe that they made a movie based on a video game.
Especially that one.
Actually, the Resident Evil movies are'nt that bad. Well, okay they're bad, like, DUMB, but they're fun to watch. The kind where you say, "NO, Don't open that door! RUN, you Idiots!!!!" ^_^
I also forgot to mention that when I watched Camp Rock for some reason Disney decided to make a sing a long version and that was the one I saw. So it probably would have been ok if I had watched the original.
A singalong version? Eww...I hate those. I saw it on ABC, so it was normal.
Post a Comment