June 27, 2008
California Achievement Test (CAT)
First i would like to say that it is really stupid and yet good that we use California's standards since they SUCK. I took the 8th grade one today and it was really easy. To start we had to check in then take our seats. I was sitting next to Connor (the one with face hair) and Shellie. I was talking to them for about 20 minutes since the tester guy was late. Then it started. The subjects were (i think) Reading comprehension, Math, Math concepts, Vocabulary, Grammar stuff, and 1 other thing i cant remember. To do the test easily all you needed were basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, percentages, and fractions) and common sense and you were pretty much good. There were a couple times when I was glad I had gone over punctuation with my mom. The thing I had the hardest time with was Reading comprehension just because I had to read the paragraphs several times over and was worried about running out of time. Sure enough, I finished the last question 30 seconds before time ended. I was WAY over prepared for the math stuff. I was worried about not having done percentages in about 2 years. As it turns out there was only 1 really easy problem that i had no problem with. It was really funny there was this 10 year old reading his calculus book in the breaks for fun. He was also taking the 8th grade test, and was usually first to finish. I guess he just another child prodigy. I almost forgot to mention that i woke up at 6:20 this morning and went to sleep at 11 last night. Lucky for me they had lots of sugar on hand. =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Awesome! I'm glad it was so easy for you. A lot of those reading comprehension questions are just stupid. I always had trouble with the greek/latin stuff though. Hey! I don't remember being there....or talking with you...there... ???
You were there today???
I went to bed at 2:00 last night and woke up at 12:00 today.
WTM is with your pic?
I was making a joke, cause you spelled it my way. She spells it Shelley. BTW, I LOVE the Cheat!!!
Dont want to be associated with her do ya Shellie? I was thinking that i spelled her name wrong. Thats who it is i knew he was familiar. I remember who it is but what is he from?
Did you know that they are coming out with a Homestar Runner game for the Wii?
And that is funny Shellie.
ya, the cheat is awesome! (he's from homestar runner btw) lol the CAT tests don't get much harder, just to let you know. Even in 10th grade (the last CAT test they make) the math section is basically pre-algebra..... I was already done with Algebra 2 by that time. Wait, there's another "Shelley" at Village? hm... might have to go by your other name if you REALLY don't want to be associated, huh Michelle? =)
I just watched some of them and they are funny. The rap song is...Kinda weird and funny.
are they really? that'd be awesome!
The Cheat is the awesome!
Yeah, it's Wiiware. You download it using, like, a TON of wii points.
And I don't mind being called Michelle. I'll just respond more quickly to Shellie. So, if an evil ninja monkey is about to attack me or something, please use Shellie.
Yes you are definitely a big target for Jevon's relatives.
I've met some of Jevon's relatives, and they didn'y look like evil ninja monkeys... O_o
Lets just say they are distant relatives...
Hahaha ^_^
Post a Comment