August 29, 2008

John McCain (aka Bush's 3rd term...or worse)

Lets see...100 more years of war, he abandoned his wife after a accident that left her disfigured for someone who looks like she's in her late 20s maybe mid 30s, enjoys money and oil as much as George himself, he is against immigration (which is what our country was founded on), against gay marriage, and the list goes on. I really don't understand how people could support him after all the things Bush has done. He's got the whole Anti robin hood thing going on. Anyway I completely hate him and want Barrack Obama to win REALLY REALLY bad. If you support McCain could you please explain to me why?

15 comments:

Globetrotter said...

Well Ryan, as is always the case, I don't agree with either candidate on "everything." However, if I could vote in this election, I would vote for McCain for 2 reasons:

1. I align with him (and the Republican party "in general") on most current issues such as gay marriage, and "immigration" as you put it (I'll touch on that later).

2. I feel that McCain is very qualified to lead, and frankly, Obama is not. We've all heard about his questionable background and very questionable people of significance in his life up to this point (pastor, wife, etc.). I must say, I'm worried about the welfare of this nation if he is elected, because his charismatic one word campaign slogan, "change" just isn't cutting it for me.

Now, I must confess, I haven't really done any deliberate research on either of the candidates, but only gleaned what I know of them from various sources over time. Also, this is just my opinion, and I'm not discrediting yours or looking to start an argument.

I'm going to copy and paste an e-mail I recently received into a post on my blog for your consideration. Don't feel like you have to read it (it's fairly long), but I thought it was interesting.

Globetrotter said...

Now, as I said before, I'm don't agree with everything McCain (or Bush) stand for, but I think he has the experience and understanding to take us forward and make the "right" changes. As for the issue of immigration, I don't believe either McCain or Bush are opposed to that. What they (and I) and opposed to are "illegal" immigrants crossing our borders, taking advantage of the system, and dragging our economy down. It's a well known fact that our country's diverse culture is not only a asset, but what makes us unique. I remember reading an e-mail on this a while back as well, but I'm not sure if I still have it...

Also, just for clarity, I don't have a problem with homosexual people. If that's the lifestyle they choose to live, that's their business, but I am very much against same sex marriage.

Finally, hate is a pretty strong word. I mean, I could say that I "hate" Nancy Pelosi (seriously I can't stand her), that guy (can't remember his name) that's dumping millions and millions of dollars into the gay rights campaign right now, Al Gore for his bogus video about global warming, doctors all around the world for going along with and preforming abortion (esp. partial-birth), or our next door neighbors for parking their cars and trailers so that they blog our driveway half the time, but I prefer not to. =D

Getness said...

Ok. Ill comment on your immigration and gay marriage stuff. Im assuming you dont like illegal immigrants because of the standard reasons such as they are taking our jobs and bringing down the economy. Now this really isn't (in my opinion) true. Because they take the low class minimum wage jobs that require hard labor that pretty much all americans wouldn't want to do. Now for gay rights. My belief is that they are people too and that they have the freedom to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt me or anyone around me, so if they want to get married by all means go ahead since for one thing most of them cant control whether they are attracted to men or women (this has been scientifically proven) and it wont affect me negatively in any way. And my question for you is what are the "right" changes that they plan on doing to take us forward, rather than them taking us back to the days of white elitists?

Globetrotter said...

Oh no. I'm not at all opposed to immigrants (such as from Mexico) coming in and getting jobs (whatever they may be). If they go through the steps to become U.S. citizens, learn our language (a novel idea), and get jobs so that they can support themselves, I'm all for that. Unfortunately, many people illegally enter our country and hurt our economy by getting on welfare and not paying their taxes (while enjoying all the benefits our country has to offer). So basically, they're using up our resources, without contributing anything in return. That's one thing that drags our economy down.

With the issue of homosexuality, I believe that it is a choice individuals make, not something they're born with. There is a lot of evidence (case after case) where someone becoming "gay" can be linked to their background in some way. Many times, that person was sexually abused as a child. But we may never be able to conclusively prove this either way. And like I said, I, like you, don't have a problem with people choosing that lifestyle. It doesn't affect me, except when a gay person may get a job that I was more qualified for just because the company needed to meet requirements. But that's beside the point. I just personally think that that is not a form of marriage. Call me old-fashioned, but that's just what I think.

Finally, I guess all I really meant by making the "right" changes, was just that. Obama has been very active in pushing "change," which I agree, we need, but has been more ambiguous and general as to what exactly needs to be changed. That's all I meant to say. And I don't think there's any danger of going back to the days of the white elitest.

Globetrotter said...

dang these are long comments. lol

Getness said...

Ok I don't want to argue or anything but I feel that I have the need to respond and clarify some stuff. First with illegal immigrants (again =P). The reason they come in through the country illegally is because its so hard to get in through the regular system. The test they have to take is insane no person born in the US would know all the answers (I know this because they had it as a part of the last class of democracy class one term at village). And as far as I know illegal immigrants cant get welfare since the government doesn't know they exist. Now on to gay marriage. When I said scientifically proven I meant that they have actually found the DNA strand that decides which gender you prefer. Another thing that I forgot to say in my post is that not letting gay people get married is discrimination. Its just like saying you have blue eyes so you cant get married. Plus all marriage is, is a piece of paper that says you get my stuff if I die.

Globetrotter said...

Ok. Well, I've never seen the test they have to take, so, if it's as hard as you say, I can see how that would be a deterrent. However, I still think it's wrong. As for that scientific study, I've never seen it, and would be curious to take a look. I also disagree about the concept of marriage, but, we're coming from very different backgrounds, so some disagreements are expected.

Getness said...

I do understand what your saying about the marriage thing, it represents a bond and lifelong commitment. But then again think about the divorce rate in this country 1/2 of marriages end in divorce anyway and then there is vegas...

Acorn said...

Meh, I know I shouldn't post here because I'll get caught in this argument. As you all probably know, I'm Democratic. So naturally I agree with Ryan. McCain has the same beliefs as Bush + he's smarter. That just can't be good for our nation. I've seen a show about Obama's life, he cares about our country McCain just wants the power. Obama sticks to his own beliefs, McCain just uses lame attempts to win people over to his side. I find insulting the other candidate to be a foolish last resort to divert the people's attention away from the issues, which quite frankly are more important then Obama's past. I do admit that McCain's campaign is more clear then Obama's. but not in a good way, if we keep our country the same it's clearly going to fall apart. If Obama wins and there is "change" it should be good, if not, it isn't going to get much worst then it is now. Electing Obama could be a risk, but it's a risk worth taking.

There's the first part of my post. I'm not going into immigration, so gay marriage is next. I'm not sure how many of you heard this before, but it is an awful thing to not let them get married, it HAS been proven you're born gay, taking away such a major human right away from something you can't help is just... Wrong, I know several people that are gay, they're extremely nice. Jewish people are born Jewish, this is just the same as saying that Jewish people can't get married, sure being gay isn't a religion but only allowing some people to get married and some not to be is just wrong. I everyone should have the right to get married or no one should.

I'm not trying to change people's belief's I think that's wrong, I just want people to know (What in my opinion) is true.

That about wraps it up.

Globetrotter said...

Yes, that's exactly what I was talking about Ryan. Thanks for putting it into words. Also yes, the divorce rate in this country is very sad. Especially when you think of what it does to families and kids. =(

With Ben's comment, I've actually seen studies indicating just the opposite. However, I see what you're saying how everybody should have that right, regardless of culture or sexual preference. I don't see how trying to change people's belief's (or opinions) is wrong though. To tell the truth, you guys have put up a pretty convincing argument, which has actually caused me to start re-thinking my view on homosexual rights. =) Now, would you have that if Ryan and I were in an argument? No. Therefore, this has been an enlightening discussion. (gosh, that sounded almost poetic) lol

Acorn said...

Well I meant more trying to force people to have my beliefs.

Getness said...

This has been a pretty fun discussion. ^_^ If I can find the studies I could email them to you if you like. I think what Ben is saying is forcing people against their will.

Globetrotter said...

oh, i get ya know. cool.

ya, if you come across that stuff, please send it my way. thanks.

Getness said...

it did look it up and it's pretty controversial because the church doesn't like it because it makes their argument against gay marriage no longer work. But the guy who did the studies name is Dean Hamer. They do have a wiki page on this topic and there is lots of stuff on the net. I just thought maybe you would want to look it up for yourself.

Globetrotter said...

thanks. i'll look into it when i find some time.