Ok, as some of you may have heard Bush recently passed a 13.7 billion dollar rescue plan for GM and Chrysler. I want hear your thoughts on this. I will post my opinion (that most of you will be able to guess) later.
Oh I'll give ya my thoughts. ^_^ I think it was a mistake. I mean, I hear what Bush is saying about how this is a very unusual and difficult economic time and he wouldn't do something like this under normal circumstances, but still... I think if anything was to be done, the big auto union (UAC?) should have been more involved, since they're one of the root problems anyway. From what I've heard, this "big loan" certainly won't solve the problem, just prolong it. If the UAC isn't willing to make some changes then a better course of action might have been to just let things run their course. Look at what happened to United Airlines for example. They got to a point where their current practices and methods just weren't working and eventually had to file bankruptcy. However, they filed in such a way where they were able to come out of it a few years later, do some major re-structuring, and become competitive again. Anyway, those are my thoughts. =)
Oh, I forgot to mention that if either of these big companies go under, A LOT of people will be out of work... still not saying I agree with it though. =)
Oh yeah, you might want to think about changing the text color for the stuff in your side bar (like the poll), cause I pretty much have to highlight it to see what's written... or stick my face like a foot from the monitor. XP
huh... guess I could try the brightness of my monitor... everything else seems fine though. lol sure, start a poll, but I'm not wearing glasses/contacts if declare me blind. =P
27 comments:
Oh I'll give ya my thoughts. ^_^ I think it was a mistake. I mean, I hear what Bush is saying about how this is a very unusual and difficult economic time and he wouldn't do something like this under normal circumstances, but still... I think if anything was to be done, the big auto union (UAC?) should have been more involved, since they're one of the root problems anyway. From what I've heard, this "big loan" certainly won't solve the problem, just prolong it. If the UAC isn't willing to make some changes then a better course of action might have been to just let things run their course. Look at what happened to United Airlines for example. They got to a point where their current practices and methods just weren't working and eventually had to file bankruptcy. However, they filed in such a way where they were able to come out of it a few years later, do some major re-structuring, and become competitive again. Anyway, those are my thoughts. =)
First post!
Oh, I forgot to mention that if either of these big companies go under, A LOT of people will be out of work... still not saying I agree with it though. =)
My gosh! The snow just keeps falling!! lol
It's the UAW. : ) But yeah, I'm not sure if we should be spending so much money, especially right now.
ah, there we go. Thanks for the correction Teddy. ^_^
I thought we were done with politics.
... we could call this current events? =P
Yeah that works. =D Who voted for working good?!?!? Shellie?
I don't know anything about it, so NO, Ryan, I didn't vote.
I voted for the tax break (in case you didn't figure that out). =D
I voted for working good. You didn't give me enough options. :( ;) The refund is kind of extreme, but no, I don't think it's working so well.
Yeah I was going to add another. I'll do that now.
Oh and how does anyone like my new avvy?
Well I've seen you use it a number of times, so no props for that. But it's still a cool avvy.
haha I like it.
Oh yeah, you might want to think about changing the text color for the stuff in your side bar (like the poll), cause I pretty much have to highlight it to see what's written... or stick my face like a foot from the monitor. XP
You should turn your monitor brightness up. And I forgot, have you tried using Reason yet?
Whoa, seriously? I can see it just fine... >.>
Maybe I should make a new poll on who thinks Isaac is going blind...
huh... guess I could try the brightness of my monitor... everything else seems fine though. lol sure, start a poll, but I'm not wearing glasses/contacts if declare me blind. =P
I wonder how you would look with glasses... XD
Whoa that looks...Let's just say it would be even more funny if you did the "Italy" thing wearing them. XD
Oh my gosh! YES!!! XD
Ryan, have you figured out a new birthday date yet? And would you want a Hancock dvd?
Well it's going to be after village starts. And yes Hancock would work. Also Batman Begins is nice. Whichever one you want to get.
Burnout is awesome!!! =P
Yes it is!!
Wow, comments on Ryan's blog!!
I need to make another post...
Post a Comment